Scary Spider Halloween Punk Pumpkin!
“No Candle Needed!”
This was a HIT at the cub scout den meeting tonight! Saw this on Pinterest and just had to try it! Here is the original link called Spider’s Nest Pumpkin on Family Chic. I too wanted to do it with a white pumpkin, but the boys all took the white ones, so I ended up with the traditional orange, which turned out just excellent anyhoo. The boys LOVED using the Phillip’s screwdrivers to put the screws in. (Even though you can just push them in with your thumb.) Super fun and super easy. Try it!
- Cutting board
- Black screws
- Screwdriver (if working with kids…they love it! If just grownups, use your thumb to push the screws in.)
- Spider webbing
- Plastic spider
- Cut about 1 to 1.5″ off both sides of a pumpkin.
- Lay the pumpkin flat on one side and cut out innards with knife.
- Insert screws around the perimeter of both sides of the pumpkin.
- Weave a tiny bit of spider webbing around the screws first, then pinch and pull through and across to other screws. Pulling it through the pumpkin makes it seem more “nest-y” and spooky!
- Add a spider or two, or three, or twenty!
I might try this technique again on a bigger pumpkin, but with a glue gun for the webbing. I had seen this used on the Martha Steward Halloween site. If I do, I’ll be sure to post it here as well. Here are some more pics my project for your viewing pleasure… Enjoy!